Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beating a dead horse (Joce, Mike, Em, Matt)

I AM NOT THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
I am not the key to your lock,
I am not the tick to your clock,
I am not the shoe to your sock,
Or the response to your knock.


I am not the sand on your shore,
I am not rug on your floor,
I am not the knob on your door,
Or goods in your store.

I am not the wink to your nod,
I am not a pea in your pod,
I am not the chips to your cod,
Or the soil to your sod.

I am not the song that you sing,
I am not the queen to your king,
I am not the wind to your wing,
Or the bee to your sting.

I am not the link in your chain,
I am not the plug in your drain,
I am not the track to your train,
Or the sword in your cane.

I am not your moment in time,
I am not the shine on your dime,
I am not the hush of your mime,
Or your partner in crime.

I am not the chicken in your cacciatore,
I am not the moral of your story,
I am not the stone in your quarry,
Or the guts to your glory.

I am not the curtain on your stage,
I am not the bird in your cage,
I am not the years of your age,
Or the hate to your rage.

I am not the fur on your pelt,
I am not a loop for your belt,
I am not the whip to your welt,
Or the cards you were dealt.

I am not the fuzz on your peach,
I am not the lesson you teach,
I am not your goal within reach,
Or the suck of your leech.

I am not a soldier in your battle,
I am not the leather on your saddle,
I am not the rustler of your cattle,
Or the death to your rattle.

I am not the suds to your soap,
I am not the knot in your rope,
I am not the needle to your dope,
Or the rifle to your scope.

I am not the ace to your deuce,
I am not the challenge to your truce,
I am not the bullet in your goose,
Or the neck in your noose.

I am not the ex to your wife,
I am not the source of your strife,
I am not the blood on your knife,
I AM NOT THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.


MIKE
I am not the stem on your garden tomato,
or a cave for your Plato,
not a blind eye to your potato,
nor a Warsaw Pact against your NATO

I am not the brush in your thinner
I am not the prize for your winner
I am not the excuse of your sinner
I am not the smile on your grinner

I am not the elastic in your garter
I am not the spark that jumps your starter
not the fish-stick in your tartar
nor the handshake for your barter

I am not the atom in your smasher
I am not a blank-check for your casher
Not a party for your crasher
Nor the bath towel for your splasher

I am not the mortar on your trowel
I am not the Thurston in your Howell
I am not the twitching of your scowl
nor a ball for you to foul...

I am not the love of your life.

EM
I am not the pussy to your willow,
I am not the fluff of your pillow,
I am not the gram to your kilo,
I am not the shell on your armadillo!

MATT
I am not the beverage on your coaster,
I am not the bagel in your toaster,
I am not the Che Guevara on your dorm room poster,
Or the clean-up hitter on your roster.

I am not the keeper of your medieval magic sword,
I am not the winner of your National Book Award,
I am not the Norseman floating down your fjord,
And I am neither a chute nor a ladder on your Chutes & Ladders board.

I am not the love of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BEST OF THE WORST.